If you have tried to take X Y Z data and graph it three dimensionally inside of Microsoft Excel you know that Excel’s graphing capabilities are quite limited. With XYZ Mesh you can convert and copy your data directly into Excel’s notice format of MESH, Surface/Wireline Graph or 3D Line/Scatter Plot. XYZ Mesh will also preview 3D MESH Wireline Graphs, Scatter Charts and 3D Line Graphs all within itself.
XYZ Mesh does not have a maximum row in X Y Z or MESH data input. The preset value for X Y Z data is 2,500 rows while MESH is 250 (Microsoft Excel’s maximum column/row limit). These numbers can be changed and adjusted to allow for customizable conversions.
Convert Data Type Options
Previously XYZ Mesh was only used for converting X Y Z data into MESH. With the latest version that has all changed. Version 3 can convert X Y Z into MESH, X Y Z into 3D Scatter Plots, Graph 3D MESH data, gather X Y Z data from MESH, curve MESH data and much more!
Above Surface Graphs were produced in Microsoft Excel.
XYZ Mesh v3 brings many new features to this already useful tool. These features include:
|X Y Z||→||MESH (single)|
|X Y Z||→||MESH (curve)|
|MESH (single)||→||X Y Z|
|MESH (curve)||→||X Y Z|
|MESH (single)||→||MESH (curve)|
|X Y Z||→||3D Scatter Plot|
|Lat/Lon||→||X Y Z|
Things to Know
- No software can auto fill XYZ into MESH with 100% accuracy. XYZ Mesh is very accurate, however if the conversion is not possible with the given information then XYZ Mesh will convert the numbers to the furthest possible point.
- The above Surface Graphs were generated in Microsoft Excel. XYZ Mesh can convert data to and from MESH and can generate Wireline MESH Graphs, but not Surface Plots.
- The more data points given the more accurate MESH conversions will be.
- XYZ Mesh will not convert data with ‘0’ entries. XYZ Mesh will automatically change these values from “0” to “0.0001”.
- If MESH data is not graphing properly disable the X, Y, Z and Ground Level from being displayed. This error occurs when the origin (0, 0, 0) is focused away from the converted MESH data.
10MB HD Space
1 Ghz processor
.Net Framework 3.5 or higher
Tested and Running on
Windows 10 Preview